Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Two Dumbs Make a Smart

“Ugh! My parents are SO DUMB!”

We’ve all heard it and most of us have said it. So, if your parents are really as dumb as you say they are, why are you standing right in front of me? Personally, I think my parents are pretty dang smart! After all, they made me J

Not too long ago I had a conversation with my best friend that went something like this:

Me: It would suck if I didn’t have you to mentally articulate the ridiculous mess that comes out of my mouth in the form of words.

Best-ee: Seriously. What would you do without me?

Me: I’d feel really, really, dumb.

Best-ee: Well, you shouldn’t. Because if you’re really, really, dumb, then I’m REALLY, REALLY, REAAAAAALLLY dumb.

Me: Hahah that is why we are only semi-dumb together… or maybe we’re extra dumb, I’m not sure

Best-ee: No. Two dumbs make a smart. It’s like multiplication… Or maybe it’s like addition?

Me: Haha!! I totally have to write a blog about this.

(For reference as to why this conversation even happened… Here’s a picture)

Now, this little “two dumbs makes a smart” talk had absolutely nothing to do with parenting and everything to do with our future vacations together, but that’s beside the point. In reality, she’s right! Maybe not about multiplication, but riddle me this:

If my parents are two dumbs, that made a smart (me), would it not stand to reason that their parents were two dumbs that made a smart? And my grandparent’s parents were two dumbs that made a few smarts? Et cetera, et cetera…Making me a dumb who will eventually find another dumb, and make a smart! And if all of that is the case, I sure am glad that my parents are dumb!!

Basically, two dumbs make a smart, which just makes more dumbs.

It all makes sense now!

2 comments: